We are very excited that you have trusted Yasrebi Smiles Pediatric Dentistry to provide your child with the dental care they need for a lifetime of great oral health. To ensure that both you and your child feel comfortable and have a successful and enjoyable experience at our office, we want to share some information to help you prepare before for your first visit.
In addition to printing and filling out all required new patient paperwork to ensure an efficient check-in and very minimal wait times, we recommend the following before your visit:
- Inform your child where they are going in a positive manner and tell them that the dentist will count their teeth and clean them with a special toothbrush.
- Try to respond to any questions your child may have and don’t know how to answer with: “I don’t know; we’ll have to ask the dentist when we get there.”
- If you need to communicate specifics of your child’s visit, be sure to refrain from any words such as “hurt”, “needle”, “shot”, etc. or telling them about any of your own negative experiences or anxieties involving the dentist. Some wording Dr. Yasrebi will utilize includes the following:
- “Sugar bugs” = cavities/bacteria
- “Sleepy juice” = local anesthesia to numb the area
- “Mouth pillow” = mouth prop or bite block
- “Happy air” = nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- “Mr. Whistle”/ “Special toothbrush” = handpiece or drill